Tuesday 2 December 2014

Lifestyle // *The Christmas Tag & an Apology*

 


First of all I would like to apologise for the hefty absence from blogging! I've been awfully busy at the moment, but I am going to try and make more of an effort for those of you that take the time to look at my blog!
 
So here we go the Christmas Tag! Christmas certainly make up for the lack of sunshine in these wintery months doesn't it?!
 
What's your favourite Christmas Movie(s)?
 
My all time favourite has to be "Miracle on 34th Street" staring the late Richard Attenborough! I owned this film on VHS as a child and watched it every year from as long as I can remember! I also now own it on DVD and shall be watching it in the next few weeks.
 
Other favourites include:- "Arthur Christmas", "Father Christmas", "The Snowman", "Belle's Enchanted Christmas" (Disney freak alert!) and "Love Actually". I love a lot of Christmas films and have done very well to narrow that down phew!
 
Image Source
Do you open presents on Christmas morning or Christmas evening?
 
Always on Christmas morning. Although I am lucky to have a large family so we are exchanging gifts constantly throughout the day. This year we (my partner and I) are spending Christmas morning with my family, from there we move to my Grandmother's and then we will return home to Luke's parents house. So it's a busy, busy day for us!
 
Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?
 
Every year new, lovely memories are made! I used to love (and still do) going to Christmas fetes, Christmas markets, going on Christmas outings with work colleagues and friends. I am particularly enjoying Christmas at work this year (I am a trainee Early Years teacher), we are making lots of Christmassy goodies for the children to take home to their parents (some of which I will be sharing on my new blog http://www.happyfeetandhappyhands.blogspot.com - sorry shameless blog plug ha) and they are all ever so excited about Santa paying them a visit!
 
What's your favourite festive food?
 
Pigs in Blankets are my favourite thing about Christmas Dinner! I could easily pig (excuse the pun) out on them all Christmas Day!
 
Image Source
What's been your favourite Christmas gift?
 
I couldn't possibly choose! Over the years there's always been that one gift that has been very much loved and appreciated so I will choose one from Christmas 2013. I received the Coco Mademoiselle EDP by Chanel and I absolutely love it! It is a smell you just cannot tire of!
 
Image Source
 What's your favourite Christmas scent?
 
Christmas is my favourite time of the year to buy candles as there are some amazing smells available! My all time favourites have to be Cinnamon and Gingerbread! Another smell I love is Christmas dinner being cooked, it's amazing and is always the best meal of the year!
 
Do you have a Christmas Eve tradition?
 
Not particularly. The last two years I have worked Christmas Eve at the Theatre I work in (yes I still have two jobs!) which is lovely, especially when you see all the over-excited children and we always get to dress up! After work I will usually go meet Luke and we'll have a drink or two with his family.
 
What tops your tree?
 
At my parent's house it's a fibre optic Angel which my mum has had for years! At Luke's parent's its an home-made Angel that his older brother made when he was in primary school!
 
As a child, what was the one (crazy, extravagant) gift you wanted but never got?
 
Gosh, I probably asked for a horse on more than one occasion. Although what I would have done with a horse I don't know, seeing as I am not at all a horse-rider.
 
What do you think is the best part of Christmas?
 
Family is most definitely the best part of Christmas. That one day a year you spend together just being happy!
 
 
Well that was fun :) and made me feel even more Christmassy :)
 
If you made it to the end, why not have a go and let people know where you got the inspiration!
 
Thanks for reading xoxo

 

(I copied this tag from Beth at Birds Words)
 
*Merry Christmas Everyone*

No comments:

Post a Comment