Monday 29 December 2014

Theatre // *The Sound of Music @ Curve Theatre Leicester*



           As some of you may have gathered I am a big theatre fan, and we are very lucky in Leicester to have a fantastic theatre in the city!
 
A few weeks back my mum, sister, aunt, great aunt, grandma, granddad and myself went to the fantastic The Sound of Music directed by Paul Kerryson (a fantastic director that has just been awarded an MBE).
 
The highlight of the show for me were certainly the children playing the roles of Friedrich, Louisa, Kurt, Brigitta, Marta and Gretl, all children from the community. I recognised some of the children from the Curves recent community production Annie. The children are flawless in their renditions of "Do-Re-Mi", "The Lonely Goatherd" and "So Long, Farewell" and worked fantastically alongside, the beautiful Laura Pitt-Pulford as Maria. A wonderful actress that previously appeared in a supporting role, alongside the fabulous Janie Dee, in Hello Dolly ( Dec 2012). Pitt-Pulford plays a fantastic Maria, and makes the character completely her own and WOW! what a voice she has! My final highlight of the show is definitely Lucy Schaufer as Mother Abbess' incredible rendition of "Climb Ev'ry Mountain" so beautiful, it gave me goosebumps!
 
If you get the chance, and live nearby to Leicester, I would definitely suggest you get yourself tickets to see The Sound of Music, the run ends Saturday 17th January!
 
Thanks for reading,
 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment